Wednesday, February 4, 2015

From the web

Another mom whose kids deal with life and food allergies/sensitivities linked to this. It's a good read because it shows several perspectives: the school staff, the mom, the emergency room personnel, and the allergist.

http://asthmaallergieschildren.com/2015/02/02/injectable-epinephrine-why-is-it-so-hard-to-get-the-message-across/

I vividly remember the first allergist appointment for Evan, and how I immediately wished that I'd seen her as soon as I suspected a food allergy. She did a great job of educating me, and explaining the gravity. Nick had a similar experience for the first time in November 2014 when he came along for the first time and the allergist had him show her how he would administer the epinephrine.

Would you join us in praying for Evan to outgrow his egg allergy? As a pastor family, it would make Sunday mornings safer, and allow us to freely accept party and dinner invitations. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment